By Kim Gunn, marketing communications specialist at Grandstream
Hotels rely heavily upon their communications between reservations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, management, and hotel guests. Connecting these users and meeting their unique communication needs is easier than ever with Grandstream. Whether you want to continue using existing technology or upgrade to a solution that you can rely on, Grandstream can help wherever it’s needed. See which devices work best for each department below and read how hotels can implement Grandstream solutions to improve their operations.
Operations & security
Creating an environment where hotel data, communications, staff and guests are safe and secure is critical for any hotel's operations. With the right tools and systems in place, monitoring the business's physical and virtual security system can be done easily and securely with easy to setup and centralized management solutions that can be configured for hotels of any size.
- UCM6300 Series Ecosystem: Hotels need a powerful unified communication & collaboration solution to centralize their communications. The UCM6300 series provides an ecosystem of mobility, security, video, collaboration tools and includes support for a call center suite, PMS integration, customer billing, and more.
- GSC3600 Series: The GSC series of weatherproof HD IP cameras with infrared technology can be used to monitor indoor and outdoor placements, allowing hotels to easily set up, deploy, and manage these cameras to offer a proactive security system and provide any hotel or resort with a safe environment.
- GXV3350: This desktop video phone can integrate with Grandstream’s security cameras and facility access systems, allowing the front desk or security staff to monitor the hotel grounds. The GXV3350 is compatible with the GBX20 extension module for increased call control efficiency with an additional 20 lines, allowing for emergency contacts to be notified in a matter of seconds.
- WP820: Grandstream's WP820 cordless Wi-Fi IP phone has up to 7.5 hours of talk time allowing for a full shift of work without having to recharge. The push-to-talk feature works best for instantaneous communication and by using the Wi-Fi property, any hotel security or maintenance team can roam cord-free without missing a call.
The reservations department is the biggest driver for increasing revenue within a hotel. Reservation agents are the first point of contact when interacting with the business. Agents are frequently handling large call volumes and managing guest accounts. Ensuring that they are equipped with the right technology is crucial when trying to secure a sale.
- IP Phones: The GRP2612 would work best for this department as it allows up to 8 lines, 4 SIP accounts, 32 speed dial keys, and is supported by Bluetooth to connect to a headset.
- Wave: Any hotel’s call center agents can utilize their desktop/laptop computers, tablets, and smart devices to utilize the Wave application, which provides remote access to voice and video collaboration tools. When used with a UCM6300 series IP PBX, agents can access a variety of call center features including call detail records, call queues, and support for CRM solutions.
As the face of the hotel and guest experience, front desk staff are the backbone of operations. They are managing check-ins and check-outs, and handling calls from guests requesting room service, wake-up calls, area recommendations, etc. Communicating quickly and efficiently with staff and guests can become overwhelming. With the right technology, front desk workers can organize how they interact with different areas of the hotel to run a smoother operation.
- GRP2634: The GRP2634 is an 8-line professional carrier-grade IP phone with paper BLF, integrated PoE and Wi-Fi. It is a streamlined, easy-to-use and cost-effective device with the option to connect up to 4 GBX20 extension modules for an additional 160 extensions that can be used for communication between any guest room and the front desk.
- GSC3500: The GSC3500 series of intercom speaker / microphone and public address systems allow hotels to seamlessly create intercom and paging solutions to make announcements, page staff and guests, stream music in common areas, and much more.
Hotel guests expect their room to come with the right tools to make their stay a positive experience, and Grandstream has the right technology to meet the demands of today’s travelers. They will want direct access to reliable Wi-Fi and an easy-to-use tool to get in touch with the hotel. Adding an IP phone in each room with dedicated buttons to connect to different areas of the hotel such as the front desk, concierge, or onsite dining ensures guests are able to communicate with the hotel easily.
- GWN7602: Perfect for hotel guest rooms, the GWN7602 compact Wi-Fi AP offers a 100-meter range and includes Ethernet while also providing an uplink Gigabit network port with PoE/PoE+ to hotel and guest devices, all while providing easy connectivity to a reliable network.
- GRP2604: The GRP2604 is an essential IP phone designed for mass deployment. These compact, streamlined, easy-to-use and cost-effective devices are perfect for hotel guest rooms and can be configured with automatic extensions to different hotel departments such as room service, front desk, housekeeping, and reservations.
Amenities & public space
Hotels typically want their properties to deliver an experience where guests can enjoy all of the offered accommodations with ease. This includes implementing modern technology and accessibility so their guests can enjoy their wireless devices in any common area, whether it’s an indoor/outdoor pool, gym, restaurant or bar, spa, lobby, or conference space.
- GWN7630LR: Hotels can benefit from an outdoor Wi-Fi access point that is designed to cover up to 300 meters and 200+ client devices. With waterproof casing and heat-resistant technology, guests and hotel staff can move about freely while on the hotel grounds while still being connected to Wi-Fi.
- GVC3220: For hotels that hold large conferences, the GVC3220 is a reliable and affordable video conferencing solution to record and host any meeting or speaker. Increase hotel conferencing collaboration by engaging face-to-face communication, regardless of location. It comes equipped with the GMD1208 desktop wireless microphone to enhance audio quality and provide full room coverage with a pickup range of up to 26 feet.
Note: This article was originally published on Grandstream's blog. Visit their hospitality solutions page for more details, or browse the TeleDynamics blog for Grandstream products.
You may also like: