When it comes to fulfilling the communication needs of today’s businesses, modularity and feature-richness are key. Yeastar’s S-series IP PBXs have been a workhorse in this regard, delivering some of the most innovative, feature-rich services on the market.
Now, Yeastar is phasing out its S-series PBXs in favor of the higher-performance P-series IP PBXs. If you’re an owner or reseller of the S-series, not to worry! In this article, we give you all of the details concerning the planned phaseout, as well as the recommended migration path to ensure a smooth operation of your telephony system for years to come.
An official announcement is expected from Yeastar on June 1 declaring the end of sales (EOS) of the S100 and S300 with the last possible date of purchase on June 30. The S412, S20, and S50 will follow within six months to a year later, depending on market needs. So, if you were planning on purchasing one of these models, you will probably want to consider a suitable P-series alternative. If you have just purchased one of these models, not to worry. Support will continue to be provided for existing, already-installed systems, including bug fixes and troubleshooting. However, keep in mind that no additional features will be developed for these models.
Available alternatives and differences
The P-series is superior to its predecessor in three key areas: hardware, features and platform deployment options.
The P-series systems sport a double-enhanced CPU processor, more RAM, and more flash storage. These hardware differences deliver twice the performance levels of the S-series. They also support NFC (near-field communication) for quick and easy IP addressing.
The other important area in which the P-series IP PBXs are superior has to do with features. The web GUI is completely redesigned to be more intuitive and user-friendly. In addition, not only is the Linkus mobile and desktop client supported, but it also supports the Linkus Web Client, with many new features available, including:
- An all-new operator panel
- Call center services with real-time wallboard, queue panel, and advanced call reporting
- Instant messaging service
- Web video and conference calling
Unlike the S-series, the P-series can be deployed in three different ways:
- Physical appliance edition – You can purchase the physical appliance that best suits your needs, as mentioned above.
- Software edition – The software edition can be deployed on your own hardware in your datacenter, or in a virtual cloud environment hosted locally or remotely.
- Cloud edition – This is a subscription-based turnkey deployment where the IP PBX is hosted by Yealink and users can purchase a subscription to various plans delivering varying levels of services and features.
As you can see, the initial modularity and flexibility that was such a vital part of the S-series IP PBXs is taken several steps further by the P-series. For a comprehensive look at the various models and offerings, take a look at this detailed Yeastar datasheet.
What stays the same
Although the P-series improves upon many areas of service, it preserves many of the great features you’ve become accustomed to with the S-series. These include:
- Voice and video communication from a mobile device, a desktop phone, or a laptop or PC
- Instant messaging and file sharing
- One number on all communication devices
- Workforce mobility, allowing one to work from anywhere in the world where there is a reliable internet connection available
- A range of enhanced business phone features like one-touch recording, hot desking, voicemail and visual voicemail, mobility extension, contacts management, and video conferencing
- All the traditional telephony features, such as call forwarding, call waiting, call transfer, call pickup, caller ID, speed dials, and more
These features are made available on whichever device you have connected to the telephony network, allowing you to bring them with you wherever you go. The increase in employee and worker productivity is simply phenomenal when these features are employed appropriately.
Innovative business-friendly applications
Rich feature depth on these IP PBXs is not limited to the user-facing applications, but is seen in the customer-facing applications, as well. The following are just some of the available options:
- CRM integration - Screen pop on calls and more from Soho and SalesForce CRMs
- Advanced call center and call management features, including
- Music on hold
- Advanced IVR and call routing
- Call queuing
- Call recording
- Time conditions
Telephony network administrative advantages
Yeastar's IP-PBXs make management and administration as simple as possible. Their management interfaces deliver high visibility into the inner workings of the system, which makes troubleshooting that much simpler, enabling you to resolve issues quickly with minimal downtime. They deliver:
- Excellent interoperability
- Easily integrate IP phones, hotel phones, SIP paging systems, door phones, and any SIP- compliant endpoints and systems.
- Proven interoperability with worldwide SIP/PSTN/ISDN trunks
- Works seamlessly with legacy PBXs, software-based PBXs, and other servers to preserve the existing equipment and capitalize on the new technology.
- Quickly auto-provision IP phones from Yealink, Cisco, Snom, Polycom, Gigaset, Grandstream, and more.
- Powerful remote management
- Benefit from a highly secure platform to monitor and manage the system remotely and centrally.
With the P-series IP PBXs, Yeastar remains at the top of its game, delivering telephone systems with features and functionalities that are not only innovative but also extremely useful for today’s businesses.
You may also like: